There is so much amazing stuff happening as part of the Mill Road Midsummer Event. Its amazing to think that its nearly here – 5-10 pm, 2 July, 2016.
Check out the ‘Lineups and Venues’ page for (mostly) comprehensive information on what’s happening when. Here are a few highlights:
- An opening ceremony in Gwydir St Car Park at 5 pm
- A family-friendly area at Ditchburn Place with crafts, stories and a bouncy castle
- Music, food and beer at Gwydir St
- Cocktails and DJs at the Lloyd’s Bank car park
- Reggae and shopping at Ash Co-op
- A retro young persons’ chill-out space at the Bath House
- A craft and artisan market at Bharat Bhavan, the Indian Cultural Centre next to Mill Road Bridge
Other things to look out for include a 30th birthday celebration for Railway House; a celebration to remember the Battle of the Somme at Mill Road Cemetery; guided tours of Hughes Hall (Mill Road’s local Cambridge College!); late opening hours from Urban Larder, Culinaris, Bacchanalia, and Garden Kitchen; and special musical guests at Earl of Beaconsfield.
Things are being added all the time, so its worth checking bacxk for all the details – but even more than that, its worth coming down on the day to see for yourself.
Thanks to Prana Indian Restaurant, our core sponsor and to sponsors Anglia Ruskin, Haart Estate Agents, and Fired Up Pizza.